Base Operations Facilities
Civil Systems Engineer - 2936A
Position Type: Regular, Full Time
US Citizenship Required:
We are looking for a Civil Engineer who wants to work in a multi-disciplinary team that plays a key role in supporting national defense through ground testing of air and space systems. While this position has some office work involved, the majority of the engineer’s time is spent in the field working with our skilled craft workforce. This work involves practical application of engineering principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, hydraulics, pneumatics, and materials of construction. This person in this position will work with skilled craft technicians to facilitate troubleshooting, repair and /or replacement of existing and upgrade to existing systems and provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems.
More specifically, this role supports the Facility Operations team with technical support for Facility Building envelope systems of Structures, Roofs, Fixed Ladders, Overhead Doors and Corrosion Control. This role serves as a backup resource for Facility Civil and Mechanical systems for Roads, HVAC, Fire and Crane systems. The person in this role would be expected to ensure compliance with sound engineering practices and established standards, codes, and regulations.
- B.S. degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited university plus a minimum of zero to three years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- A minimum of 1 year of developmental experience such as practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations/maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or other engineering/construction firms.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Prior engineering internship or co-op experience desired
- Must be able to communicate clearly and use various methods of communication.
- Demonstrated experience successfully building relationships with team across engineering and craft workforce
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.