Job Title: Capital Project Management - Tunnel 9 - 2938
Function: Project Management
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC). National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc.
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides aerodynamic simulation critical to hypersonic system development and hypersonic vehicle technologies at speeds from Mach 7 to Mach 18, a capability unmatched anywhere in the United States
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides aerodynamic simulation critical to hypersonic system development and hypersonic vehicle technologies at speeds from Mach 7 to Mach 18.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
- Responsible for program/project management leadership for a group of large and complex multidisciplinary projects including capital improvement projects. May include large maintenance, test, or multiple interfacing projects.
- Represent the company to current and prospective clients, customers, and users.
- Apply standard engineering methods and techniques to evaluate opportunities for facility capability upgrades.
- Manage complex projects; track and control scope of work, resource utilization, schedules, and work accomplishments; initiate corrective actions as required; maintain contact with the client, resolve contractual conflicts, or elevate conflicts to branch level for resolution.
- Facilitates the collection of project requirements, objectives, and customer expectations, and clearly communicates this information to project teams.
- May require project updates to the Tunnel 9 Branch Manager, Mission Execution director and local Air Force Director.
- Responsible to deliver successful portfolio of projects safely, with all quality attributes, on time and within budget.
- Perform cost and performance measurement analysis against planned and estimated scope.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate codes, standards, and regulations (including those for environmental work).
- Prepares and executes Project Plans using cost, schedule, and performance objectives, resourcing, verification and validation and risk management
- Support common work processes and procedures within assigned function.
- Require Earned Value Management System (EVMS) knowledge.
- Assist other project managers, principles, or officers in the management of extremely large, multidiscipline projects.
- It is a condition of employment to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or relevant technical field from an accredited university and ten (10) to twelve (12) years progressive and relevant experience in an engineering or related technical field or sixteen (16) to twenty-one (21) years of progressive and relevant experience in lieu of degree. Additional relevant education can be substituted for overall experience.
- Current U S Citizenship required.
- A degree in an engineering discipline, construction management, business administration field from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, and other project-related activities, including their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.