Title: Power Design Engineer – 2971A
Function: Engineering / Test Complex Modernization
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus. Candidates who qualify for and are hired as a grade 32/33 are eligible for $5,000; candidates who qualify for and are hired as a grade 34 are eligible for $10,000.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Provide electrical design and coordination for electrical system and mechanical equipment renovations and upgrades, including single lines conduit and cable tray routing and electrical equipment layouts.
Specific tasks associated with this type of work include but are not limited to:
Under the guidance and direction of a more senior engineer:
- Calculates electrical loads for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Produces electrical drawings including equipment layouts, single lines, conduit/cable tray routing, and wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Prepare specifications, estimates, and scope of work documents
- Presents and/or supports reviews of in-house design at different milestones in the project.
- Participates in design reviews for documents produced by design/build subcontractors. Provides comments and identifies discrepancies between subcontractor’s design and project requirements.
- Designs electrical equipment interface and installation details for review by senior personnel.
- Prepares electrical designs and construction drawings using 2-D / 3-D computer aided design (CAD), presentation graphics and electrical models.
- May provide technical direction as appropriate to drafters, technicians and others who assist in specific assignments
- Coordinates work & collaborates with other engineering disciplines during planning, design, and execution phases of projects.
- Contacts supplier representatives, project field personnel and engineering discipline groups when directed, to either gather or provide information
- Supports development of studies, such as fault current, voltage drop, and reliability analysis.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from a regionally accredited college or university and 0 to 3 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Current US Citizenship required
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
- Familiar with major industry or regulatory standards (such as the National Electrical Code and IEEE standards) and design criteria pertinent to the electrical engineering discipline.
- Educational and/or work experience in dealing with electrical systems or electrical components of mechanical systems.