Title: Electrical Engineer II NFAC –2953B
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
Salary Range: $114,813-$148,755
US Citizenship Required
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced Electrical Engineer at the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC), home of the largest wind tunnels in the world.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force’s Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) via the Test Operations and Sustainment (TOS) contract. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
The NFAC team performs large-scale, subsonic wind tunnel testing furthering research and development for a broad array of test customers across the academic, scientific, commercial, and military aerospace sectors. Testing supports development of new and innovative helicopter and rotorcraft technologies including future Urban Air Mobility applications, recurring Mars lander parachute qualification testing, improvements to fuel efficiency on full-scale tractor-trailer trucks, advanced fixed-wing aircraft applications (some with live jet engines), and many other exciting applications for the military and commercial sectors.
While collaborating with other electrical engineers, specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade existing facility power systems (motors, generators, transformers, power distribution switchgears, control systems, variable frequency drives, etc.) with the electrical team
- Work closely with customers and the test team to establish design requirements and implement facility modifications as required to meet test objectives
- Project management of electrical improvement projects including development, planning, budgeting, scheduling, execution, and close-out
- Develop, implement, and execute common work processes, instructions, guidelines, procedures, Statements of Work, design drawing packages, and checklists as required
- Maintain or update existing preventive maintenance plans for optimizing reliability of facility electrical and control systems
- Provide technical guidance to personnel in setup, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and removal of systems as required
- Prepare and/or review engineering studies and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET-accredited program plus 3 to 5 years of progressive and relevant experience in an engineering or related technical field. Additional electrical engineering education can be substituted for experience
- Current United States Citizenship required
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess technical knowledge of electrical systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials
- Working knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to electrical engineering
- Educational concentration and/or work experience in low, medium, or high voltage power distribution
- Educational and/or work experience with motor-generator sets
- Educational or work experience with computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools
- Educational or work experience with programmable logic controllers and automated process control
- Practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations/maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- A master’s degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at NFAC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.