Title: ID&C Software Engineer- 2965
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus.
Positions are available in ID&C Software Engineering.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Career opportunities exist for Software Developers with varying levels of experience. Primary responsibilities of these positions include designing, developing, upgrading, and maintaining system software used in the following applications:
High speed/high volume data acquisition systems for grounds testing of Turbine Engines, Aircraft Models, Missile Systems, and Space Systems.
Software Engineers will apply programming, design, configuration management, and testing skills to develop complex systems and applications to perform the above functions, while assisting in system/application deployment, installation, maintenance, and support.
Software Engineers at AEDC are critical to the execution of the test mission. Specific duties for these positions include:
- Near Real-Time web browser based data display systems using modern programming techniques and languages
- Highly complex Data Processing, Data Mining, and Data Storage Systems
- Utilities and tools associated with managing and analyzing large quantities of digital and video data.
- Computational modeling and simulation software tools used in the analysis of Turbine Engines, Aircraft, Missile Systems, and Space Systems
- Lead, coordinate and/or execute work within the Software Engineering discipline that involves the design, development and maintenance of software products and tools used across the test mission areas, including second level maintenance.
- Lead, coordinate, and/or perform work in one or more of the following:
- Develop system requirements and design systems that are configurable and modifiable to interface with existing and future hardware and software
- Assist in developing cost estimates and schedules for execution of software development efforts
- Design, develop and maintain software and systems to meet system requirements
- Lead and/or execute software testing and verification
- Ensure application of sound software configuration management practices to ensure system integrity
- Apply system security to meet Federal Information Assurance requirements
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to lesser experienced software engineering staff in the execution of software development and maintenance activities
- Prepare engineering studies and reports of a complex nature
- Use modern design, development, testing, and configuration management tools for software systems
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related engineering or scientific disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Progressive and relevant experience in software design, coding, configuration control and/or maintenance is also desired.
- M.S. degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field is preferred.
- Proficiency in any of the following: C, C++, Fortran, Java, Python, SQL, GIT, Subversion, Trac, Jenkins, Mercurial and similar software development tools
- Work experience with systems operating within the Microsoft Windows, macOS and LINUX operating systems.
- Experience developing and coding real-time applications is a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification, or higher-level security certification, is preferred.
- Knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to Instrumentation, Data, and Controls (ID&C) Software engineering discipline. Active DoD Security Clearance
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.