Instrument Technician Lead - 3034
Operations & Maintenance
US Citizenship Required:
Starting hourly rate:
: Mission Support / Flight (PWT Group)
Internal posting closes
: March 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
OPEN TO CURRENT TOS EMPLOYEES ONLY
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Under general supervision as a working group leader over lower grade craftsmen, primarily in an instrument branch, modifies, fabricates, installs, adjusts, repairs, and calibrates a wide variety of complex indicating, recording and computing instrument systems and sensing devices used in aeronautical test and research activities and in plant controls; as a work group leader instructs and directs technicians engaged in installing instruments of test articles, in tunnels and test cells; performs instrumentation phases of photographic set-ups for tests; repair photographic equipment as required; checks out and troubleshoots instrument systems; from general instructions, sketches performance requirements; modifies and adapts instruments to new or extended uses; tests new instruments; checks out circuits for voltage, current, speed and temperature controls; installs and test controls on models; modifies and repairs instruments, computers and recording devices; uses a wide variety of instruments, tools and equipment necessary to perform the duties assigned. It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy. Performs other related duties as required.
Supplementary Functions: Participation in functional specific safety training.
- Educational Equivalent: Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Specific Knowledge or Experience: Six (6) years of experience in technical instrumentation or advanced electronics or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience plus two (2) years of college or technical school study in advance electronics or technical instrumentation. Thorough knowledge of the operation characteristics and construction of laboratory testing instruments and complex electronic circuits. Ability to analyze and understand instrumentation circuits and to direct the work of lower grade technicians. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and maintain access to the AEDC local area computer network. Must be able to direct the work of others.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to understand, give and take directions.
- Current United States Citizenship required.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.