Title: ID&C Engineering Technical Specialist
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to independently perform test support project assignments associated with the development of the instrument book and data system setup database per test customer requirements; company standards, procedures, and work instructions; generalized senior engineer and/or supervisor direction: and other precedents of the discipline.
- Participate in one or more of the following:
- Assign instrumentation and control test requirements into available systems and patching.Ensure test cell hook-up limits are not exceeded. Coordinate with engineering and user to define requirements within capability.
- Gather information from Instrumentation Engineer and test requirements documents and prepare instrument book and data system setup database.
- Coordinate and assist in development, review, approval and vaulting of ID&C related work instructions.
- Coordinate release and execution of test work instructions and WIRCLs.Printing and assembly of work instruction notebooks along with data system setup database generated attachments for test Build-Up, Hookup and Checkout, Response Checks and Final Verifications prior to testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting instrumentation discrepancies requiring updates to the data system setup database to correct problems, both air-on and air-off.
- Communicate root cause and resolution of lost time events and other issues affecting test operations to company management personnel and test team members.
- Monitor and report progress for own assigned work tasks and ID&C tasks performed by craft personnel under engineering direction
- Assist in modification of Work Instructions when required.
- Order stock material, cable, connectors, hardware, and other materials required for test operations.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree in a relevant field and five (5) years progressive and relevant experience; or equivalent combination relevant vocational training or education and progressive and relevant experience for a total of nine (9) years.
- Experience and ability necessary to convert test project requirements and instrumentation engineer inputs a complete and validated instrument book and data system setup database.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Current U.S. Citizenship required
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
- Experience with the systems and processes associated with Turbine Engine Testing at AEDC.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.