JOB TITLE: Materials Coordinator/Specialist NFAC
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/NFAC
Functional Branch: Acquisitions
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: CA LA1
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced Material Coordinator supporting a team of engineers and technicians who maintain and operate the largest wind tunnel in the world.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot wind tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot wind tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
- Performs all shipping/receiving duties for NFAC.
- Reviews purchase order receiving documentation including commercial invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs count and inspection of arriving material. Ensures receipt documentation is retained and recorded and receipt is completed in the NAS database.
- Ensures that material is sorted in accordance with the branch storage plan and that the location of material in storage is properly reflected on the appropriate storage records (manually or automated).
- Performs complete or partial inventories as required to validate inventory records.
- Performs material coordination activities, at the assigned NAS location, within material discipline of responsibility to ensure the accurate reporting of material and equipment statuses.
- Works with Property Manager to identify items readily available from inventory, sources for non-inventory items.
- Responsible for the input maintenance, assessment and correction when applicable of Material Management data in the applicable data base.
- Performs material management and warehouse functions associated with the receipt, storage, inventory, staging, shipping and issue of material as well as the maintenance of receiving, inventory and issue records within the inventory control system. This includes material handling, documentation and database management.
- Performs Tool Crib management functions including issuing tools and equipment to workers and maintaining records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Responsible for maintaining perpetual inventory of tools and equipment. May include delivering or picking up tools or equipment to/from workers. Includes marking and identifying tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Report to and receive operational direction from the NFAC Acquisitions Supervisor.
- Maintains direct working relationship with NAS Purchasing, Subcontracts, Property, Project Controls, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and other site organizations to ensure needed material is available to support ongoing activities.
- Implements the NAS Materials Management Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility.
- Implements planned inventory control mechanisms, such as min-max and bag-and-tag, and uses the database tools to ensure that material and equipment requirements are met.
- Identifies which surplus or unneeded materials should be returned to storage.
- Advises NAS Property Manager of out of design materials for excess purposes.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, computer science, or industrial management, and five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
- Proficient in organizing tasks for completion by an agreed deadline.
- Good oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both AEDC and supplier personnel.
To apply go directly to our website at https://nas-llc.us/careers/
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Procurement operations related to the acquisition of materials and equipment, or of the Engineering discipline within the area of responsibility, the work process, and the deliverables produced (must have a basic knowledge of the other).
- Use of type of standard databases, including drawing takeoff input, work planning, input of requisitions for goods and services.
- Purchasing requirements for purchasing goods on a NAS credit card.
- Process of generating releases for items that can be obtained on a blanket agreement. Knowledge of vendor, fabricator, contractor, Customer and other outside data systems and how those material management databases.
- Work packaging, pre-buy methodology, and materials status reporting.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.