Title: Accountant III-1670
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Accountant III
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Process transactions associated with subcontract invoicing.
- Maintain varied accounting and/or financial records. Ensure established controls are followed and processing transactions as directed.
- Prepare, review, interpret, and analyze all types of accounts and records of financial transactions. Present and support findings and recommendations.
- Develops non-standard reports and statements.
- Interpret and point out trends or deviations from standards.
- Analyze accounting or financial data. Prepare routine working papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries indicating extent of examination. Present and support finding and recommendations.
- Evaluates information and /or data drawn from current files and records to prepare reports drawn on this information.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 3 years of progressive and relevant experience in core accounting processes or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current U S citizenship required.
- Experience with subcontract formation and invoicing payment processes.
- Advanced knowledge of and successfully demonstrated experience related to:
- Professional accounting and/or financial concepts and principles.
- General business practices.
- Controller organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- U.S. government, Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Skill in analyzing and problem solving techniques as applied to accounting.
- Excellent skills in working with and communicating effectively orally and in writing with internal and external personnel.
- Very proficient in computer applications and common software products. Able to develop complex spreadsheets with complex formulas, macros and ad hoc report writing.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle Financials, and PeopleSoft Financials is a plus.