Job Title: Capital Project Management
Function: Project Management
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Capital Project Manager to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
Provides the necessary leadership to scope, estimate, execute, and finish capital improvement projects under the guidance of the Senior Capital Project Manager.
- Provides overall leadership of NAS teams by ensuring major/minor project completion in a safe manner, within budget, and on schedule with guidance from a Senior Capital Project Manager.
- Oversees the review and approval of project controls plans including trend/change control programs, project cost estimates, forecasts, schedules, and financial reports and may review commitments that exceed assigned budgets. Periodically generates/coordinates change order controls to assure that all changes are being handled appropriately.
- Serve as a point of contact for development and discussion of new business opportunities and, subsequently, project objectives, scope, and budget within the company and between the company and the client.
- Facilitates the collection of project requirements, objectives and customer expectations, and clearly communicates this information to project teams.
- Lead a team in the accomplishment of work on projects of large size and in the development of all required documentation/deliverables within budget and schedule constraints.
- Control project work accomplishments vs. scope of services contracted, assess progress vs. schedule and budget; resolve conflicts or elevate conflicts to management level necessary for resolution.
- Prepares and executes Project Plans using cost, schedule, and performance objectives, resourcing, verification and validation and risk management
- Assist Senior Capital Project Managers in the development and management of large and complex projects; may lead a portion of the project.
- Direct work of assigned team members.
- Directs the preparation of progress and special reports to customers and NAS management.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate codes, standards, and regulations (including those for environmental work).
- Support common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or relevant technical field from an accredited university and 8 to 10 years of progressive and relevant experience in an engineering or related technical field or 14 to 16 of progressive and relevant experience in lieu of degree. Additional relevant education can be substituted for overall experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project planning, cost and schedule development, and execution support.
- Current U.S. Citizenship required.
- May require Earned Value Management System (EVMS) expertise as directed by the Government.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, and other project-related activities, including their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.