Job Title: VKF Test Supervisor - 2292
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/Flight
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: 35-38
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing Test Operations Engineers and System Engineers for VKF Tunnels A, B, and C; approximately 5 engineers. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing Test Area Superintendents, as well as the assigned mechanical and electrical skilled craft workforce for VKF tunnels (2 superintendents; 15 skilled craft).
- Leads the Test Operations and Sustainment (TOS) team (multi-discipline & multi-functional area) to execute the RBA test projects assigned to the assigned VKF Tunnels.Responsible for ensuring coordination of the test requirements, collection and organization of cost, schedule and technical inputs from the test team, and preparation the project plan.
- Evaluates/ Monitors TOS performance during project (Test / Maintenance / Capital Improvement) execution, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.Acts as the TOS liaison to the Air Force RBA Test Manager.
- Oversees the change control and configuration management process for the assets associated with the VKF Tunnels.Performs technical review of all asset documentation including operations and maintenance (O&M), hazard analyses and work instructions for these assets.
- Coordinates and supervises the RBA test, as well as the DBA maintenance and investment activities for the assigned Tunnels. Has the responsibility for interpreting, organizing, coordinating and executing these activities from a technical, as well as a resource staffing point of view. Forecasts engineering and craft staffing requirements for these activities and provides inputs to next level management.
- Makes recommendation to Engineering Group Management and above of key personnel for project assignments.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved NAS procedures and holds career development discussions.
- Provides input to the annual budget cycle, including resource requirements for administrative, engineering and craft personnel (all disciplines & all functional areas), along with material and utility requirements, for all RBA test and DBA maintenance and investment projects for the assigned VKF Tunnels.
- Performs and manages the work in accordance with relevant NAS and TOS procedures and AEDC standards and requirements including national consensus codes and federal requirements.
- Champions the creation of a work environment which fosters openness, trust, communications, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Exemplifies the company core value and covenant of safety in all aspects of job including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university and a minimum 7 – 12 years of progressive and relevant experience in test operations, facility maintenance/analysis, and/or design. Additional relevant education can be substituted for experience.
- Current U. S. citizenship required.
- Prior experience/familiarity in ground test operations and maintenance processes or complex industrial operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to build rapport with others, building and maintaining trusted relationships with personnel
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop diverse talent
- Lead continual improvement culture
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of related safety measures and setting a good example for others with respect to safety
- Experience with AEDC systems, processes, procedures, and work instructions
Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Engineering Supervisor to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.