Job Title: Lead Civil - Indirect Field Engineer
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Civil Indirect Field Engineer to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
Assigned to the Construction organization as the Lead Civil - Indirect Field Engineer/Subcontract Technical Representative at AEDC. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and inspecting the quality of work performed, providing engineering guidance to superintendents and construction professionals, assisting personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifying materials, equipment, and workmanship, and ensuring the results meet specified design requirements. The candidate will also exercise professional judgment within the framework of broad guidelines provided by superiors, and perform various construction field engineering assignments requiring a working knowledge of construction field engineering practices.
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the civil discipline and planning indirect construction activities such as support services, construction equipment, tools, and temporary facilities.
- Establish and maintain a civil design/field engineering working relationship and open lines of communication with the Project Engineer, including the agreement on civil engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for civil discipline.
- Specify the civil criteria for the construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Organization for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct materials.
- Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for civil data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the job site.
- Develop and manage the civil construction quality program.
- Direct preparation of cost estimates for civil and indirect construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecasts, and progress reports.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
- Plan and recommend civil procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are compliant with requirements of engineering design and specifications.
- Work with project resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate civil and indirect construction activities.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure construction materials, equipment, and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
- Implement controls over variables affecting civil job progress such as equipment installation, maintenance, and testing. Also ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
- Manage the project excavation and backfill process, coordinating with other project disciplines and functions.
- It is a condition of employment to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited university and 7 to 10 years of progressive and relevant professional experience, or 13 to 16 years progressive and relevant professional experience in lieu of degree.
- Current U S Citizenship required.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, requiring little supervision, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of current design codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of work process implementation, including use of construction automation tools.
- Working knowledge of cost and schedule analysis.
- Working knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities and of all engineering disciplines.
- Must understand and be able to apply the requirements of the site Safety, Health, and Environmental Standards, safety processes and procedures, and civil subject matter expertise to design reviews of construction scopes.
- Knowledge of all phases of project scoping, planning, and execution relating to the construction of multi-discipline works.
- Recent experience as a Civil/indirect Field Engineer, STR, or Construction Coordinator.
- Experience in reviewing field drawings/plans of different disciplines and may include P&ID’s.
- Working knowledge of the Bechtel Standard Work Processes Procedures (SWPPs) and the related Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
- Developing, implementing, and completing construction work packages.
- Familiar with Power BI Database.
- Knowledge of Engineering processes governing design products from concept to final design.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.