Material Coordinator - Tunnel 9 - 2808
US Citizenship Required:
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides a high speed Test & Evaluation capability for the Department of Defense.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
Perform the role of a Material Coordinator with the primary responsibilities of planning, managing, ordering and receiving material for a government facility. Must possess or be willing to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Performs shipping/receiving duties for Tunnel 9 including count and inspection of arriving material, review of receiving documentation including invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures receipt documentation is retained and recorded and receipt is completed in OWAM.
- Ensures that material is sorted in accordance with the branch storage plan and that the location of material in storage is properly reflected on the appropriate storage records (manually or automated).
- Monitors material progress/status, expedites both internally and externally to meet material availability requirements. Report status to Branch customers.
- Makes credit card purchases in accordance with company procedures
- Continuously performs priority allocations to ensure material availability well in advance of installation requirements.
- Assists with material/property inventories including identification and disposition for assigned areas.
- Performs material coordination activities, at the assigned NAS location, within material discipline of responsibility to ensure the accurate reporting of material and equipment statuses.
- Maintains direct working relationship with NAS Procurement, Project Controls, Engineering, Operations, and other site organizations to ensure needed material is available to support ongoing activities.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Associate degree in a related field and 5 years of progressive and relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in the use of type of standard databases, including reading/interpreting drawings, work planning, and specification/statement of work development for goods and services.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.