CURRENT NAS EMPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION DURING THE POSTING PERIOD
Job Title: Data Systems Engineering Technician V - NFAC
Requisition Number: NFAC - 01861
Department Branch - Mission Execution
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular Full-time
Grade Level: CA ET5
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee and at the National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot wind tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot wind tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of AEDC while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
An exciting career opportunity exists for a Data System Engineering Technician to join our team at NFAC, the largest wind tunnel in the world.
The successful candidate will have the ability and knowledge to setup and operate complex data acquisition systems for aeronautical test facilities. The position includes providing IT support for PC based data acquisition systems and test network computers. An additional responsibility is to act as the backup Information System Security Manager (ISSM) which provides information system security for all facility IT systems.
The working environment is highly dynamic and will require managing several different projects simultaneously. The candidate will work with a team consisting of technicians and engineers of varying disciplines. The ability to work well, and effectively communicate with others is critical.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Support engineers, technicians, and other personnel in preparing setting up and operating the Data Acquisition System (DAS) (hardware/network/software) in support of wind tunnel tests.
- Operate the data system during testing under direction from the Test Engineer.
- Maintain/troubleshoot/back-up PCs/servers/RAIDS/data-system components.
- Confirm proper data acquisition and export data to various customers.
- Aid in data system IT tasks including maintenance, software installation, and test application support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer operating/software/hardware/database issues.
- Perform the backup Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) role at NFAC.
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments independently in test computer rooms and other areas as required.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two years of college in computer science or related technical field and seven years of progressive experience and relevant working to include PC based computer systems; or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Current U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Prior experience with computer systems security is strongly desired.
- Security Plus certification (existing or obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems in aeronautical test facilities is preferred.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.