Title: Acquisitions Internship - Summer 2021
Position Type: Casual, Internship
Pay Type: Non-exempt, salaried
Grade: TN GC3
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
In order to be considered for an internship opportunity, your current grade point average (GPA) must be listed on your resume.
is responsible for the design, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure required to test flight, defense, and aerospace systems in the test facilities at AEDC. This infrastructure includes compressors, hydraulic systems, refrigeration systems, heaters, dryers, power systems, control systems, and more. We do not design the vehicles, but we ground test models and subassembly here at Arnold Air Force Base to provide our customers with the data they need to make decisions on design and flight-worthiness.
The NAS Internship Program offers
10-12 week full time summer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Business Administration or other related degree. Interns selected must commit to working 40 hours per week from May through August. As part of the internship, students are paired with Purchasing or Property professionals who serve as the students’ mentors. Students complete assigned work gaining valuable experience in their fields of study and learn how the Acquisitions team supports their internal customers. Interns will be required to present a briefing to senior management on work accomplished, lessons learned, and further recommended actions.
provide primary oversight and administration in the following functional areas: purchasing, property, subcontracts, and material management. Interns will job shadow and provide support with typical duties listed below by function.
- Assist in preparing purchasing packages for buyers and provide support through the entire life-cycle of the purchase order.
- Applies key quality requirements to support the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services, such as quality & test inspection plans, qualifications, and resolution of non-conformances
- Prepare, maintain and monitor project bidder’s lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups.
- Assist Property team in solving and attending to administrative problems on property involving low to medium value or low to medium risk property items
- Gather and compile support data for assembling property control requirements and for the preparation and the administration of the property control programs.
- Assists in performing inventories as directed and inquiries into specific government property items and data as assigned
- Material Management / Inventory
- Ensuring materiel required to support the activities of the branch are the correct quality and quantity, are appropriately specified in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the input maintenance, assessment and correction when applicable of Material Management data in the applicable data base.
- Performs inventory analysis on a regular basis and leads regularly scheduled inventory review meetings to ensure the items in inventory will meet the needs of AEDC.
- Responsible for stock code development and maintenance, freight bill payment, development and issue of reports relating to the inventory and other duties as assigned.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Business Administration or other related business degree at a college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year of study as a full-time student in one of the above listed disciplines at the time the internship begins. Graduate students are also welcome to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Basic English skills in oral and written communication are required.
- Current U.S. Citizenship required
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.