Job Title: Engineering Technician - 2072
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/Space&Miss
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: TN ET5
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Engineering Technician to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Serve as building manager for the Advanced Missile Signature Center (AMSC) building with a customer-centric approach.
- Support various RBA/DBA projects as data processor and data package preparer.
- Prepare data packages (for example: data books, calibration books, run books) and help set up day of firing activities for J6 Rocket Development Test Cell. For all J6 tests: prepare the day of test data package, the 10-day data package, a 20-day data package and a final data package. Support engineer in preparation of “Quick Look” data reviews as needed.
- Serve as the J6 security monitor for all official visitors during motor firing events
- Serve as an AMSC area monitor and the assistant security manager for the AMSC complex
- Coordinates classification/declassification activities
- Serve as the primary security “air gap” operator for both classified and unclassified media, and support/oversee the storage of classified media in support of personnel across various mission areas/test facilities.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two years of college with courses in an applicable technical field, and a minimum of 7 years of progressive and relevant work experience to the degree necessary to perform the outlined responsibilities.Additional relevant education may be substituted for experience.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
- Possess and demonstrate a customer-service / customer-centric approach in working with people.
- Knowledge of computer system technology and applications; familiarity with application of computers to engineering problems.
- Basic skills in oral and written communication.
- Must have mathematical or computer expertise or a combination of the same.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.