Inventory Specialist II - 2510
US Citizenship Required:
OPEN TO INTERNAL TOS EMPLOYEES ONLY
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The successful candidate will perform inventory management functions as defined below at any AEDC location. These activities will include reporting of warehousing activities, stock code development, and material movement across the site, bench stock, provide oversight of min/max material activities, operational oversight of blanket agreements (including MRO Superstore), Freight Invoices, and other inventory related activities. Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the NAS Inventory Lead.
- Receives functional guidance from the NAS Material Manager.
- Monitors receiving operations, such as: reviews purchase orders, maintains receiving documentation, and provide key monthly metrics.
- Responsible for Inventory quantity on hand, Min/Max material activities, and back order replenishments.
- Oversees and Manages Bench Stock usage/replenishments, while maintaining the budget allotted. Provide operational oversight of blanket agreements, this activity includes facilitation with branch material controllers to obtain branch material requirements.
- Ensures that material is stored in accordance with NAS storage requirements and that the location of material in storage is properly reflected on the appropriate storage records (manually or automated).
- Performs complete or partial inventories as required to validate inventory records.
- Assists Acquisitions supervision with the overall responsibility of maintaining custody of material.
- Ensures that issues of materiel are properly controlled and documented in accordance with AEDC procedures.
- Assist with Storekeepers in providing them Test Material Receipt (TMR’s) in accordance with AEDC policies and procedures. Maintaining communication with Test Customers, and recording documentation for PO’s.
- Maintains all Air Force Contracts and Documentation, while staying in close communication and providing Air Force feedback for all of their purchases.
- Responsible for all Freight Invoices for NAS. Maintain Freight Invoice payments so NAS receives no negative feedback from vendors, or late fees. Work with Finance to balance each transaction and shipment.
- Assist/Back-up Material Coordinators with their tasks, such as: S.R.R, Stock Codes, Tool Control, and Shelf Life of all Inventory items.
- Work with the task or project teams early in the project planning process to ensure material availability
- Monitor the progress of inventory items to be maintained and procured and expedite both internally and externally to ensure required material and equipment are available when needed. Keep the project team informed of the status of procurements
- Ensure that at project closeout or project completion assets are dispositioned.
- Coordinate with AEDC/TD-LG prior to purchasing equipment items for use by the Government or prior to purchasing spare parts to be delivered to the Government for storage
- Assign asset sponsors for all assets retained in warehouses to serve as points of contact for serviceability determination, retention justifications, and other matters regarding stock retention.
- Maintain direct working relationship with NAS Purchasing, Project Management, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance and Material Controllers
- Implement the NAS Materials Management Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a direct working relationships with the AEDC Branches concerning the receipt and availability of material.
- Maintains a direct working relationships with Purchasing concerning materiel delivery schedules and shipments.
- Maintains a direct working relationship with Finance/Test Customers regarding verification of material received.
- Maintains direct working relationship with carriers and vendors concerning the receipt and delivery of material.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business Management or related discipline plus 2 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Proficient in organizing tasks for completion by an agreed deadline.
- Knowledge of operations related to the acquisition of material on work process, and the deliverables produced.
- Good Computer skills, and fluent with Windows, Excel, and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both internal and supplier personnel.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.