Job Title: Senior Project Controls Scheduler
Function: Project Controls
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers
- Develops, maintains, statuses and analyzes the Integrated Master Schedule within Oracle P6.This includes managing at the resource level as well as planned dates and durations.
- Conducts in-depth schedule analysis of Capital Projects, Test and Maintenance Projects and their interdependencies to identify and clearly communicate potential areas of asset and/or resource conflict to NAS and Air Force leadership.
- Prepare various schedule views for management showing variance to baseline, variance from last forecast, remaining float, critical path supported by analysis.
- Manage project schedule baseline and change control.
- Communication and coordination of schedule changes to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate conflicts.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting cost/schedule performance and financial management of one or more projects in an assigned mission area.
- Maintain integration between P6 and earned value reporting.
- Coordinate and support branch management and control account managers in the development of project estimates (may include RBA SOC estimates); monitoring of project cost performance, funding availability and EVM related reporting.
- Support daily, weekly and monthly schedule reporting requirements.
- Assist with P6 database architecture, enterprise structure, coding structures and ensuring alignment of resource rates with the cost data systems.
- Develop resource curves and resource planning.
- Develop and implement requirements for resource loading, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Perform performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Assist with establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree plus seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of leadership.
- Strong knowledge of schedule theory.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as schedule network software such as Primavera.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.