JOB TITLE: Electrician (NFAC) - NLR-01365
: Mission Execution / Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA (NFAC)
US Citizenship Required:
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced Electrician supporting a team of engineers and technicians who maintain and operate the largest wind tunnel in the world.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot wind tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot wind tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
CURRENT TOS WAGE EMPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION DURING THE POSTING PERIOD.
Open to both Internal and External Candidates. The selected candidate for this requisition must be available to work any shift and shift determination will be made based on the priority of work at the time the selected candidate is cleared to report to work.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
This position is requires a high level of technical competence requiring personnel to perform installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of low, medium and high voltage wind tunnel electrical and control systems. Typically receives daily supervision from the Electrical Supervisor, lead persons, and/or manager.
- Ability to read one-line diagrams, electrical distribution drawings, and start/stop circuits.
- Work closely with lead persons with work flow, tool needs, equipment needs, training requirements, and safety to assure proper work direction and schedule requirements.
- Requires ability to provide clear, concise, and accurate communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Provide minor electrical design assistance with engineers and work as a team member for facility modifications and project implementation.
- Work with engineers and customer personnel to develop testing and electrical maintenance requirements.
- Provide operations support during facility testing activities.
- Support proper documentation of maintained inventories, procedures, and adherence to safe work processes of and on electrical systems.
- Ability to follow safe electrical maintenance procedures is a must.
- Ability to communicate with other members of the work force the status and control of electrical systems.
- Requires availability to occasionally work off shifts (swing/grave).
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A minimum of four years of experience in the electrical field. Ability to use test equipment e.g. (oscilloscopes, strip chart recorders, multimeters and Megger).
Description of Work Environment
Duties require frequent and extended periods of outside work, subject to all weather conditions and extremes; continuous walking, standing, climbing and frequent periods requiring sustained uncomfortable physical positions; regular and sustained periods of strenuous physical exertion, requiring the ability to lift, carry and position heavy objects utilizing proper body mechanics and techniques; operation of equipment which causes loud noise levels and high vibrations; may require the exercise of caution when operating heavy equipment or handling chemicals or other toxic materials; utilization of proper sanitary precautions when handling trash, garbage and other potential hazards.
1. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate, work in teams and work well with individuals at all levels of the company, the client, and outside users. 100%
2. The nature of the work requires the ability to communicate clearly. 100%
3. Use of personal transportation for travel within the AEDC area and company-provided transportation to other users' facilities. 45%
4. May be required to sit for extended periods of time. 85%
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
1. May be required to work in areas of high noise levels. 10%
2. Occasional lifting (35 lbs) 5%
3. Occasional carrying (35-lbs) 5%
4. Reaching above shoulders - daily 10%
5. Use of fingers 100%
6. Both hands required 100%
7. Both legs required 100%
8. Ability to distinguish basic colors 100%
9. Hearing required 100%
10 Vision (Corrected) 100%
Equipment and Machines Involved in Tasks
1. Must have the ability to use PC and associated equipment on a daily basis. 40%
2. Use of the telephone is required. 40%
3. Use of other general office equipment. 10%
4. All ordinary tools, capacitance meters, insulation testers, digital volt/ohm meters, scopes and other test equipment. Should have some familiarity with personal computers and microprocessors. 60%
Critical Nature of Attendance and Safe Work Practices
Regular attendance is essential to the efficient operation of NAS and is a necessary condition of employment. Each employee will be expected to adhere to the work schedule established by his/her supervisor and comply with the company’s attendance policy. Overtime is required to meet work schedules at an approximate rate up to 15%. Employees are expected to report to work at the scheduled time, return from breaks promptly, and depart work not earlier than the end of the scheduled day.
1. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
2. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
3. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and to obtain and maintain access to the AEDC local area computer network.
To apply go directly to our website at https://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.