Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) Coordinator (2 positions)
Operations & Maintenance
Mission Execution/Instrumentation, Data, & Controls (ID&C)
US Citizenship Required:
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) Coordinator to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
The successful candidate will function as a TMDE Coordinator in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) function supporting multiple facilities across AEDC. Specific duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following duties across the TOS contract: coordinating all Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) in the facilities to their respective calibration facilities (including to the onsite PMEL), facilitating warranty and other TMDE repairs, ensuring AF and industry-standard TMDE requirements are followed by their respective custodians, advising custodians with regard to TMDE requisitions, and maintaining accuracy and completeness of TMDE data records.
- Represent the TOS contract with respect to TMDE-related logistics to the AF, other AEDC contractors (including at the PMEL), and to outside calibration organizations.
- Assist TOS TMDE technical representative with answering questions from AF calibration authorities
- Assist TOS TMDE technical representative with development and modifications to any policies, procedures, work instructions, and guidance documents related to TMDE life cycle management processes
- Interface with PMEL contractor management in handling TOS contract TMDE requirements, concerns, and issues
- Coordinate all TOS contract-related TMDE across AEDC facilities (Test Cells, Plants, Utilities, Facilities, and Shops) to their respective calibration facilities.
- Monitor TMDE calibration status and notify TMDE custodians when approaching overdue status
- Coordinate logistics of TMDE removal and delivery to/from onsite PMEL or off-base calibration and repair facilities (AF, other government, or industry labs) to ensure NIST traceability
- Coordinate logistics related to proper disposal of TMDE
- Work with other TMDE Coordinators to successfully accomplish testing mission as well as other priorities across AEDC.
- Ensure AF and industry-standard TMDE calibration and repair requirements are followed by their respective TOS custodians and managers.
- Provide periodic reports on the management and status of TMDE
- Assist in proper identification and labeling of TMDE (installed or in storage)
- Provide instruction regarding calibration determinations
- Advise and assist with out-of-tolerance, corrective actions, warranty and other TMDE repairs, calibration extensions
- Assist, advise, and provide training (as needed) with requisitions of TMDE in CMMS
- Maintain accuracy and completeness of TMDE data records in CMMS and calibration software
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of college education plus five (5) years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Applicable technical degree/diploma/craft certificate, or Associates Degree and 12 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of applicable education and progressive and relevant experience totaling 14 years.
- Ability to work self-directed with limited daily oversight in performance of TMDE Coordinator duties, including working towards specific objectives as requested.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other TMDE Coordinators.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, teamwork, motivation, and organization.
- Ability to organize work, taking into account priorities, facility impacts, personnel resources, and other resources.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and written) with craft personnel, craft supervisors/superintendents, schedulers, engineers, project managers, management, and other personnel in the workplace.
- Ability to learn PC systems, office software applications, and CMMS.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multiple groups setting priorities.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Power Point) at an intermediate level.
- Experience with continuous improvement projects
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including five (5) years of progressive and relevant experience working with craft personnel, craft supervisors/superintendents, schedulers, engineers, project managers, management, and other personnel in the workplace.
- Experience working with TMDE and calibration processes at an industrial facility.
- Familiarity with AF Technical Orders applicable to TMDE and calibration processes and requirements.
- Knowledge of multiple AEDC facilities across test cells, plants, utilities, etc., including the ability to understand AEDC’s limited resources and overall priorities.
- Familiarity with procurement and work management (planning, scheduling, work prioritization, etc.) processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMMS, especially with regard to the Work Order system, PM Masters, and Ordering Materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC systems and office software applications, including Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Project, Primavera, etc.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.