Title: Reliability Engineer - 2097
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
Work as a member of the Reliability Engineering group in the Asset Health Assurance Branch. This group is responsible for development, and implementation of RCM/PM Optimization program at AEDC. Implementation of this program includes influencing Asset Managers and Asset Owners to produce a conscientious shift to a proactive maintenance program through a failure mode driven maintenance strategy, best practice planning & scheduling, proper application of reliability engineering principles, and the increased use of condition monitoring technologies for all assets across AEDC. This position will work closely with system engineers and the reliability engineers in the Item Configuration Management group in AHA. It is a key part of developing a long-term reliability and maintenance program for AEDC.
Under the direction and supervision of a more senior engineer:
- Ultimate responsibility for the development, and implementation of RCM/PM Optimization program at AEDC; Implementation of this program includes influencing Asset Managers and Asset Owners to produce a conscientious shift to a proactive maintenance program through a failure mode driven maintenance strategy, best practice planning & scheduling, proper application of reliability engineering principles, and the increased use of condition monitoring technologies
- Conduct training on the RCM process
- Ensure RCM analysis on critical systems
- Rewrite or create new PM’s or other interventions based on RCM analysis results
- Evaluate equipment failures and maintenance records (OWAMS, E-Matrix, etc) for inefficiencies, trends, common failure modes, etc. for systemic root causes and for a proactive shift to Condition Based Maintenance
- Prepare quarterly reports (and others as necessary) for Air Force review
- Attend meetings with Mission Area Branch management and represent the RCM function
- Spearhead improving foundational data in Oracle WAM (hierarchy, BOM’s, coding, usage, etc.) as the RCM process is implemented across AEDC
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Asset Condition database as well as the integration of asset condition into the asset management strategy
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an RCM business case database sufficient to establish the financial defense of proposed asset management strategy changes
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy
- Performs other related duties as required
- B.S. degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial, petroleum, chemical, computer science, physics) from an accredited engineering college or university plus 0 to 3 years’ engineering experience.
- Current United States citizenship required.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance and/or Condition Based Maintenance coursework or training
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional—CMRP certification strongly preferred
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
Published technical author ( technical paper, reports, and/or presentation at professional society)
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Reliability Engineer
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.