: Mission Execution / Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA (NFAC)
Grade Level: JM
US Citizenship Required: Yes
CURRENT TOS WAGE EMPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION DURING THE POSTING PERIOD.
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, California. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot wind tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot wind tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, and ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Aircraft and Facility Systems Mechanic to join our team at NFAC.
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS) is contracted by the United States Air Force to operate and maintain the world’s largest wind tunnel at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA. This position is for an aircraft and facility systems mechanic to support the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex. Requires ability to communicate with Test Engineers to properly set wind tunnel operation parameters. Will coordinate closely with Test/Project Engineers and/or facility operators to schedule and implement maintenance and repairs. Responsibilities include the assembly, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and operations of wind tunnel support systems and test model hardware; including hydraulic and pneumatic power systems, lubrication and cooling, high-pressure systems, and rotorcraft/airframe machinery. In addition, the candidate must be proficient at driving forklifts, man lifts, and tugs along with operating complex wind tunnel systems via a computer or analog interface.
- Install wind tunnel model and support components
- Perform inspection and maintenance tasks on rotorcraft/aircraft models
- Operate wind tunnel and model control consoles
- Perform facility retrofits and general maintenance of mechanical systems
- Establish safe plans of action prior to performing work to mitigate or eliminate potential hazards
- Work in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to read prints and facility drawings
- Attend requisite mechanical craft training
- Ability to pass a physical exam, maintain California driver’s license, and operate industrial machinery
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Educational Equivalent: High school diploma plus trade school or related experience.
- Specific Knowledge or Experience: Helicopter/Aircraft maintenance or helicopter/aircraft flight experience.
- Three years experience in operation, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of large mechanical systems.
- Licenses/Certifications: A valid driver’s license will be required to maintain job.
- Communication Skills: Ability to provide clear, concise, and accurate communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Must adhere to appropriate safety, quality, and environmental practices, as well as business ethics practices.
- Current US Citizenship is required.