Title: Electrical Engineer II NFAC – NLR-02532B
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS) is contracted by the United States Air Force to operate and maintain the world’s largest wind tunnels at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA. The National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) provides the United States with the capability of performing ground‐based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large‐scale and full‐scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40‐ by 80‐foot wind tunnel and an 80‐ by 120‐foot wind tunnel.
Our mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team at Moffett Field, CA.
Some of the specific duties of an Electrical Engineer II include:
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade existing facility power systems (motors, generators, transformers, power distribution switchgear, control systems, variable frequency drives, etc.)
- Work closely with customers and test team members to establish design requirements and implement facility modifications as required to meet test objectives
- Project management of electrical improvement projects including development, planning, budgeting, scheduling, execution, and close out
- Develop, implement, and execute common work processes, instructions, guidelines, procedures, Statements of Work, design drawing packages, and checklists as required.
- Develop and/or maintain an effective preventive maintenance and asset management program for electrical and control systems
- Interface with team members to ensure that the systems they are responsible for are ready to run properly when required and that maintenance outages are planned, coordinated, and properly scheduled.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel in setup, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and removal of systems as required
- Prepare and/or review engineering studies and reports
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college or university plus three to five years of progressive and relevant engineering experience. Additional electrical engineering education can be substituted for experience.
- Current United States citizenship is required
- Developmental experience such as practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Educational concentration and/or work experience in low, medium, or high voltage power distribution.
- Educational and/or work experience with motor-generator sets, electrical systems, or electrical components of mechanical systems
- Educational and/or work experience with programmable logic controllers and automated process control
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the electrical engineering discipline.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- A master’s degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field.
- Active NACI
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at NFAC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.