Job Title: Cost Performance Analyst - NFAC - 2673A
US Citizenship Required
National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
An exciting career opportunity exists for a Cost Performance Analyst to support a team performing aerodynamic experiments in the world’s largest wind tunnel.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force via the Test Operations and Sustainment (TOS) contract at the National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC team performs large-scale, subsonic wind tunnel testing furthering research and development for a broad array of test customers across the academic, scientific, commercial, and military aerospace sectors. Testing supports development of new and innovative helicopter and rotorcraft technologies including future Urban Air Mobility applications, recurring Mars lander parachute qualification testing, improvements to fuel efficiency on full-scale tractor-trailer trucks, advanced fixed-wing aircraft applications (some with live jet engines), and many more exciting applications for the military and commercial sectors. Join our diverse team of highly-motivated, passionate, and collaborative coworkers striving to advance air and space technology into the next generation in this unique-in-the-world test facility. Get regular hands-on experience with one-of-kind test articles and enjoy a challenging and satisfying work environment. Come be a part of one of the most unique and exciting work experiences in the engineering industry and help solve the problems of tomorrow.
- Assist in providing budget planning, estimating, tracking and reporting of all NFAC test and facility projects
- Coordinate with Work Package Managers in developing project budget estimates, monitoring project cost performance, funding availability and EVM related reporting
- Participate in funding scenarios brainstorming and out-year planning exercises
- Assist NFAC test engineering team to developing test budget plans and then track and report budget status on a monthly basis to NAS and Government customers
- Assist in supporting and becoming proficient in the NFAC annual Capability Analysis and Risk Assessment (CARA) budgeting effort in collaboration with local Air Force customer
- Assist in analyzing of actual and forecasted resource requirements vs. contract baseline funding levels
- Monitor reported actual costs and process corrections as necessary
- Develop and maintain working relationship and collaborate directly with Air Force Resource Advisor
- Support annual workload proposal and implement subsequent revisions throughout the fiscal year
- Coordinate and communicate project and contract funding availability
- Responsible for aligning costs with planned schedule activities, as required
- Support on-demand business reporting requests from NAS and Air Force management
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract
- Assist in providing monthly NFAC project and test schedule inputs to Project Controls/Scheduler at AEDC/Arnold
- Develop and maintain process work instructions and procedure reviews, as required
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance/Information Systems/Engineering/Mathematics or other related degree plus 2 to 4 years progressive and relevant experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost functions, including estimating, cost control, financial reporting, and cost analysis or any combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- US Citizenship required
- Prefer in-depth knowledge of Air Force/AEDC financial and CMMS systems
- Strong communication skills and confidence in reporting cost performance and financial position to management
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in utilization of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Experience with the Air Force/AEDC CARA process and Integrated Requirements List
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft Financial System with special emphasis on PeopleSoft Data Query
- Demonstrate ability to understand and clearly articulate fundamental Earned Value terminology such as Budgeted Cost for Work Scheduled (BCWS), Budgeted Cost for Work Performed (BCWP), Actual Cost for Work Performed (ACWP), Schedule Variance (SV), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), Cost Variance (CV), Cost Performance Index (CPI), Estimate to Completion (ETC), Estimate at Completion (EAC), Variance at Completion (VAC), and To Complete Performance Index (TCPI)
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques as applied to Level-of-Effort and Percent Complete projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.